[extropy-chat] A view of what politics is.

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Oct 12 22:23:06 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/05, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> >

> > I would say you're still confusing the evolved biological basis for
> > human behavior with the dynamics of the larger socio-economic system. But we
> > agree that effective social interaction is key to our survival and growth.
> >

> True only to a limited extent.
> That social interaction can be and should be exclusionary as well as
> inclusive.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. While cooperation is generally preferred
for its win-win nature, there are situations such as in self-defense
(immediate or anticipated threat) that cooperation is clearly ruled out. In
fact, to not defend one's self (one's self interests) in such a case is
clearly immoral.

- Jef