[extropy-chat] Serenity: "...make people better."

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 04:27:28 UTC 2005

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dirk Bruere
The reason people like Fukuyama regard transhumanism as something to be
feared and hated is that they (not without reason) perceive transhumanists
as saying "we want technology to improve ourselves, those who join us will
be immortal geniuses, all others will be unemployable retards!"

Dirk

Let us keep in mind that at some level, humans are
all in competition with each other.  This is so
very natural to the high schooler, who is in direct
competition for girls.  Those of us who had little
money were immediate losers compared to the guys
who could afford nice cars.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that there are
Fukuyamans who squirm at the notion that their
wealthier neighbors will soon be able to buy
yet another advantage over them.