[extropy-chat] EVENT: Thomas Barnett Book Tour in Second Life on 26 October 2005

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 22:19:44 UTC 2005

Saturday, 15 October 2005

Hello all:

Thomas Barnett, author of "The Pentagon's New Map," has a stop on the
tour for his new book, "Blueprint for Action," in Second Life on
October 26, 11:30am-1pm PST. Learn more at "A New Map for A New
World," http://secondlife.blogs.com/nwn/2005/10/a_new_map_for_a.html

If you haven't heard his presentation, I think it's worthwhile in its
own right. If you want to debate the politics of it, please do and
please omit me.

More importantly, now that SL has free accounts, does this event mark
a shift to teleconferencing for publicity tours and business meetings?
I hope not yet--corporate aviation pays my salary.

Should the next ExI or WTA conference take place on-line?

In any case, I hope to see some of you there.

--
Jay Dugger
http://www.redcross.org