[extropy-chat] Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Oct 19 00:50:25 UTC 2005

The trouble is that you are very short on the how this can be
accomplished.  Clearly scientists cannot banish everyone's worry and
convince everyone of what is and is not of concern or sufficiently
controlled.   Clearly the majority are easily swayed by fear mongers
and power-lusters.  So without strong anti-politicalization of
research and scientific knowledge by those of us with some measure of
understanding the forces of paranoia and other darkness are likely to
prevail.

- samantha