[extropy-chat] Recipe for Destruction

Joel Peter William Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:47:54 UTC 2005

>On 10/19/05, Lifespan Pharma Inc. <megao at sasktel.net> wrote:
>> Then the Manhatten Project if there is to one should be to connect the
>> minds of all humans so that the
>> underlying causes of sociopathic violence evaporate.
>
>Be careful what you wish for. Wishes sometimes come true.
>
>- Russell

Cryptic one liners are not all they are cracked up to be.

On 10/19/05, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
else - then harming some one else is really harming yourself. So unless you
are a masochist you are more likely to try and find a solution that doesn't
involve violence.
> > > If I had a cancerous toe and no anaesthetic I'd still chop it off.
> > Ah well. I was hoping *most* people would investigate alternatives
before embarking on violence. Why not investigate the current state of
cancer treatment? Since we have mind to mind linkages I'm guessing effective
treament for toe cancer wouldn't be too far fetched.

> > Although humans as they are do like a quick fix rather than the optimal
solution.

> To continue the metaphor, the quicker the fix with cancer the better.
> As for mind-mind links, I think I'll stick to my tribe.

So you are saying you are partial to mutilating yourself when there are
alternatives?
Violence, or chopping of a cancerous toe is the easy option that takes no
serious thought. Again, humans are lazy and that is why we do as we do.

By the way, I'm not a overzealous pacifist. I just think that too often
people dimiss something as too hard or difficult and so isn't worth doing.

-Joel