[extropy-chat] Recipe for Destruction

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 02:01:32 UTC 2005

On 10/19/05, Joseph Bloch <transhumanist at goldenfuture.net> wrote:

> Dirk Bruere wrote:
>
> > To continue the metaphor, the quicker the fix with cancer the better.
> > As for mind-mind links, I think I'll stick to my tribe.
>

> Might as well go back to knapping flint. At least your ideas of optimal
> social organization will be on a par with the level of technology in
> which they were born...

Fine - you mindlink with a whole load of Moslem and Xian fundies, plus a few
Leon Kass' and you think something good will come out of the mix because
your oh-so-rational Transhumanist meme will triumph? You're the one living
in a fantasy land if you believe that.

The only thing mass indicriminate mind-mind link will achieve is stupidity
and self delusion on a scale as yet unseen.
And as soon as you discriminate you are into tribalism.

Dirk