[extropy-chat] three coins in a fountain.

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Sat Oct 22 16:20:06 UTC 2005

John K Clark wrote:
> "Julian Assange" <xyz at iq.org>
>
>> I don't think probabilities exist `in reality', but rather probabilies
>> reflect our lack of knowledge
>
> That is of course the common sense idea of probability, but apparently
> Nature does not agree with human intuition. Experiments have proven time
> after time that Bell's Inequality is violated and it is very difficult
> to interpret those results any way other than that some effects have no
> cause.

Many-worlds is strictly simpler than the Copenhagen interpretation,
linear, unitary, time-reversible, deterministic,
probability-mass-conserving, and doesn't explain Bell's Inequality by
saying that some events have no cause - it's just a question of which
cloud of probability mass you, the observer, happen to be part of.