[extropy-chat] Nuke 'em

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Oct 23 16:16:29 UTC 2005

Regardless of all the benefits touted about nuclear power, in the
current context it remains extremely expensive and is usually
subsidized.  One might argue that the expense is because of all the
regulatory and political hurdles, but many of them apply to other forms
of energy production as well.  (And subsidies abound in many of them
too, making it hard to tell which is the more efficient.)  I'm still
waiting for a good economic study to see if nuclear power would, on a
free market, be worth it -- against other existing forms of energy
production.  Which is not to say I'm against it.  Just allow a free
market in energy production and if nuclear plants pop up all over...

Regards,

Dan
http://uweb1.superlink.net/~neptune/