[extropy-chat] ExI Website - Your Comments

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Mon Oct 31 19:25:10 UTC 2005

Yes, I am this far behind in the list it would seem. I am fixating
somewhat, to be sure, but this is part of what I do. More percolating:

I know that the strength of the >H use tends to wax and wane. We also
tend to tread lightly as a group, and do not want to be branded by
the press or linked by society to the wrong elements. I know that
since the earliest magazine covers we have also had the outward-
spiral of Extropy. I'd like to focus on these for a moment.

Without stepping on toes I think that these or something needs to be
embraced as a more active brand. I see a lot of strength in either
form, but would like to re-consider part of the >H. Obviously,
greater-than human is an easy read and can lead to the wrong
assumption. But what if we altered it to include more information, to
change the value of the variable H as it were.

 >H = >Human = >History?

 >H with H being the span of civilization to this point, no matter
when 'this point' is taking place. Sort of summarizes the principles
or at least perpetual progress.

Not to be base, but seeing >H on a bumper in front of me at the toll
booth would be nice once in a while. Something I could put outside my
office as well.

  ]3