[extropy-chat] Re: peak oil debate framed from a game theorystandpoint ?

Robert Lindauer robgobblin at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 03:04:07 UTC 2005

Interesting, my chemistry book says:

C6Hl2O6 → 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2 + energy

glucose ethyl alcohol carbon dioxide

As for fallow land, in 1980, around 170,000 acres in Hawaii were
dedicated to sugar production, now down to 20k acres, with 150k acres
laying, for the most part, fallow.

Here it's good sense.

In the midwest where they continue to produce corn in abundance,
corn-produced alcohol averages about $2.12 per gallon buying corn at
market rates, not even touching the abundant supply.

Robbie