[extropy-chat] Towards Higher Quality, was: ping - please ignore

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 08:41:26 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I for one miss the old Extropy magazine, both the print and online
> versions. They gave an outlet for high quality, in depth, well reasoned
> articles by extropic writers for like-minded to keep abreast of the
> movement without having to  wade through a lot of diluted pap and
> sniping on email lists.

Me too. Anyone have back issues for sale? Contact me off-list, if you please.

> Rather than an 'extropy-great' list, I'd suggest instead that we form a
> committee moderated blog that folks can forward posts and articles of
> interest to, people can comment on, trackback, etc. etc. and move ExI
> technology forward. Email lists are getting so last century.

Somewhat related--any volunteers (or anyone already doing it) for
reviewing 'transhumanism" and related tags on del.icio.us/technorati?
That might make a good first step towards a collaborative filter. A
group blog has a couple of candidates, doesn't it? Transhumanism.org,
JEET, etc.

--
Jay Dugger
BLOG: http://hellofrom.blogspot.com/