[extropy-chat] peak oil debate - "happy as a pig in shit"

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Fri Sep 2 17:18:43 UTC 2005

Most of the world has more marginal curcumstances than Hawaii.
So for us we have to have a valuable extractive, bio-pharm or complex
bioactive to feed the money machine
to grow the biomass.
Marginal production will in time be enhanced by modification of plant
chemistry or growth cycles.
The cellulose based ethanol and fuel-cell use cycle is a handy way to
get the last drop of good from
biomass but for most of us it only works if the rest of the production
economics stand on their own
without considering the salvage value of the biomass.

With logistical energy costs escalated, the micro-scale distance
insensitive local production of low value
products combines well with exporting to distant uses small physical
quantities of high value materials.

For me here it is cannabis.  the oilseed is middling value and justifies
long distance logistical cycles for
processing and use.  The fibre must be bio-procesed and used in as short
distances as possible.

However bioextractives however produced which have an exponent or high
multiple value which
can build and carry the whole production process.

I have not read most of this string so the comments might be way
offbase... the pig in (shit) just caught my eye.