[extropy-chat] Halliburton gets Katrina Contract

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 15:44:05 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of J. Andrew Rogers

> ...  Halliburton is one of those companies.
> Lockheed-Martin is another.  You and I don't have to like it...

I like it.  {8-]

> ...  And when they do have competitors, it is usually some other
> "evil" company that is synonymous with conspiracy theories anyway...
> J. Andrew Rogers

Such as Booeing.  And it isn't just a theory, they really was
a conspiracy.  They got caught this time.  See number two on this
list:

http://multinationalmonitor.org/mm2003/03december/dec03corp1.html

The odd part is that thru it all, Booeing stock soared, while
the main competitor, Lockheeed Martin, is the same price now
that it was five years ago.  {8-[  Don't seem right.

Halliburton seems like a legitimate outfit.  I haven't seen
anything by them that seems too out of line.  Being big
doesn't mean evil necessarily.  I don't see who the heck
else is set up to do the kinds of jobs they do.