[extropy-chat] Getting AId to people in need

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Sep 5 07:37:03 UTC 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 7:39 AM, MB wrote:

> As I'm not a party animal or heavy drinker, NO has had no attraction
> for me; good seafood is available other places!

I loved it for the music, the food (certainly not limited to
seafood!), its many out of the way shops containing things I've seen
nowhere else.   I didn't care for Bourbon Street except for the
music.   Some things were so tawdry that I remarked to my companion
that only certain Baptist could make "sin" s tawdry and utterly
banal.  :-)  I thought the jazz send-offs at funerals were utterly
wonderful.

But what is the point?  Are we trying to lessen what has happened by
denigrating the city and its people?

- samantha