[extropy-chat] Re: Ethics and evolution

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:34:20 UTC 2005

On 9/5/05, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> On the contrary, holding others to their own beliefs, having them put
> their money where their minds are, and gaining or suffering the
> consequences as a result, is evolution in action. Are you saying
> evolution is unethical?

Yes. Evolution is the cruelest, most savage method of improving
species ever devised. Heard of 'nature red in tooth and claw'? We can
do better.

> I would say the entrepreneur is selling not a machine, but an
> education. There are some lessons that people have to learn the hard
> way.

This is why Libertarians have little concern with the billions of
dollars of fraud and snake-oil in the free market system and the
resulting misery and unhappiness for millions of people.
Libs come across as 'Never give a sucker an even break' types.
And 'They deserve all they get' is common also.

If you are not as smart. well-educated, healthy, fit and capable as a
Lib then '**ck you, you're on your own'.

BillK