[extropy-chat] TV: "Fantastic Plastic: A Future Near Your"

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 20:03:42 UTC 2005

The "Back to the Future" script offered one key word to remember -
"Plastics."  Today plastics is getting a makeover.  It's new applications
are entering the industry of body replacement parts, as well as other
futuristic transhuman applications.  "Fantastic Plastic: A Future Near
Your" aired yesterday on National Geographics TV progam.  I highly
recommend watching this program later this month.  (It also airs in
October.) Here is a short blurb:

"Plastics were once considered cheap and tacky, but these magic molecules
are now pushing back the boundaries of science to reveal amazing
possibilities few could have imagined. From aviation to military warfare
and medicine to space exploration, these extraordinary synthetic materials
are playing an ever-increasing role in shaping our future. But what does
the remarkable world of plastics have in store for us? Find out when
Fantastic Plastic investigates the potential new territories waiting to be
explore"

Air dates:

Monday, September 26, 9:00A
Monday, October 24, 9:00A