[extropy-chat] Re: peak oil debate framed from a game theorystandpoint ?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:06:26 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> That site is completely content-free. I see solid pellets,
> which is already bad.
>
> Is this reversible hydride storage? Temperature or pressure
> Lithium/aluminum hydrides, which would be useless.
>
> Can you provide additional details on the 'proprietary' material?

<http://denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid=374,610590&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&ic_itemid=859159>

After keeping their project a secret for the past six months while
waiting for international patent protection, the researchers plan to
publicly reveal their invention at a scientific conference in Chicago,
reports national daily Jyllands-Posten.

The DTU team has worked for a year and a half to develop a method to
store hydrogen, a lighter-than-air, inflammable gas, in a compact,
solid form.

'Before, the amount of hydrogen needed to fuel a passenger vehicle for
500km occupied the same space as nine passenger vehicles. With our
pill, the same amount of energy can be contained in a normal 50 litre
tank,' said Christensen.

BillK