[extropy-chat] The Hidden Luddite was Re: peak oil debate

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 22:38:05 UTC 2005

--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hang on a minute!
> Are you and Adrian saying that businesses really do decide to harm
> people so they can make a profit??
>
> I thought this was the Libertarian market supporters club here.  ;)
>
> We'd better put a stop to this free market nonsense then! :)

That is a strong statement to make. After all, you are against going to
war to free people, so why should you make companies produce
unprofitable drugs at gunpoint, or even pay them to do it with money
taken at gunpoint from others? Its the same ethical situation.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com