[extropy-chat] CLA and Omega3 stabilizes bone density by anti-inflammatory mechanisms/Ruminant Bioreactors

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 11 15:03:47 UTC 2005

I searched with kartoo "food science" +epigenetic =pdf and found this
very interesting paper

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/abstract/19/4/478S

Combining hemp oil with supplemental CLA may enhance the benefits of
both to bone density.

For you Lana, note that in ruminants got microbial action produces CLA so
omega 3's are quite multifunctional.

If you were an aboriginal in pre-history times and consumed the paunch
material of your kills
you would get some these benefits from the rumen of early spring grazed
bison/deer etc quite likely.

Perhaps , in spite of this seeming a bit disgusting,  we could create
valuable medical food materials by
carefully modifying the diets of ruminants before slaughter and saving
those rumen contents.

There is a vast potential for microbial bio-processing in vivo if we
begin to understand exactly
what the secondary rumen bioproducts can become.

For the extropians in this mailing, instead of a factory to grow slabs
of meat, how about a factory
with rumens as bioreactors. Right idea before, wrong part of the cow to
work with?
Maybe bossy could donate a few pounds of rumen materials daily
just like a cow donates milk now????
This would certainly be GRAS and provably not a biohazard as the living
proof of a healthy
host would attest?????

For those on the medusers and medpot list ditto with cannabis/hemp
biomass to create
nutraceutical meat and naturally "fermented hemp biomass".