[extropy-chat] Extropy and libertarianism

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:21:39 UTC 2005

On 9/12/05, Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So, what are you saying?
> > That in your *opinion* I should not air *my* opinions concerning ExI
> > on the ExI list?
> > Or is that an order?
>
> I think what she is saying is that you are making statements about ExI
> that are not supported by the published statements of ExI. As when
> leftists deconstruct individualists and label them fascists as a
> result, you are exhibiting a lot of transference.

The opinions of orgs, and their founding principles, inevitably change over
time.
If they do not evolve the org loses its relevance.
This change is usually defined as a 'reinterpretation'.
I wouldn't mind betting that I could do a reasonable job of 'reinterpreting'
ExI Principles in a manner that the founders may well object to and which
they did not foresee and still stay within the letter of the law. What ExI
will become is to be determined by its members.

What I do rather dislike is the attitude that "This is it - take it and shut
up or get out - no discussion".
ExI is not the personal property of any one individual.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dirk