[extropy-chat] Extropy and libertarianism - a search fo rmeaning...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 18:19:02 UTC 2005

--- Robbie Lindauer <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:

> The best thing about living in a fantasy world is that you get to
> make things up as you go.

The problem with walking around with your foot in your mouth is
everything tastes like dog crap.

Now that we are done trading insults, I invite you to study a bit
before showing what a fool you are once more. The areas of private law,
alternative dispute resolution, and arbitration are well established,
widely practiced, and constitute more of the legal work of the lawyers
in the US today than of work in government courts.

ICA is no different from any other private arbitration group. I, in
fact, have experience in these settings, dealing with service of
process to and from major corporations, such as Discover, TRW, and the
major credit reporting agencies. In fact, anybody here can confirm some
of what I'm saying, if they have a Discover credit card. If you do, you
can dig up your contract with Discover, and go into the fine print
about dispute resolution. Discover specifies two arbitration
organizations it agrees to have disputes resolved through.

As with any contract law, those are the two they want, because they
never lose with those arbitrators. This is a big issue with those who
dispute the validity of the fabrication of money out of nothing, and
they try to maneuver the credit companies into accepting other
arbitration groups that are more fair to the consumer. Who you accept
as an arbitrator determines what sort of justice you get. If the credit
companies truly want your business, they'll accept one more to your
agreement.

> On Sep 11, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>

> > --- Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Very interesting!
> >> The immediate question that comes to my mind is that, suppose you
> and
> >> I register a contract with ICA and accept that it will be
> regulated
> >> by
> >> the CEP, then we have a disagreement, resort to their arbitrations
> >> services, and they decide that I have to pay you 1000 bucks, and I
> >> don't want to pay, how do you get your money?
> >> I just love the idea, but how does it work in practice???
> >
> > Either ICA pursues action against you on my behalf in whatever
> > geographic jurisdiction they find you in, or else you get a black
> mark
> > on your reputation, so that any other ICA signatory you seek to
> > contract with would see that you are a bad actor, so you wind up
> > imposing economic sanctions on yourself, at least with other
> ICA/CEP
> > signatories.
> >
> > Granted in a world where there are few people who are CEP
> signatories,
> > it doesn't mean much unless you are in a jurisdiction that
> recognises
> > the CEP. Now, it helps immeasurably that the CEP is a significant
> > simplification of the common law (yet more objective and fair than
> the
> > UCC), so any common law nation should theoretically be able to
> > interpret our contract and enforce it in a similar manner.
> >
> > Generally speaking, any nation with a UCC or similar recognition of
> > contract law is going to regard the fact that you have a contract
> with
> > me, that specifies ICA as our arbitrator, as legally binding you to
> pay
> > me. If you refuse to pay a judgement, and I have to pursue legal
> action
> > in whatever jurisdiction I find you in, most systems let me
> recover my
> > costs from you when they decide that the judgement against you is
> good.
> >

> > As soon as they do so, I can take that judgement of the original
> > judgement to whatever sheriff or other similar functionary wherever
> you
> > are, and, given they are the chief enforcer of judgements for the
> > courts in their jurisdiction, will find your assets, seize them,
> and
> > auction them off unless you immediately pay me what you owe me. The
> > sheriff can keep seizing your stuff until I get fully paid.
> >
> > Mike Lorrey
> > Vice-Chair, 2nd District, Libertarian Party of NH
> > Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
> > http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
> > Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com

Mike Lorrey