[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 23:06:20 UTC 2005

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:
>
> > That's really an interesting thingy you found. I'd
> > like to see some
> > population figures for the colored areas.
> > Do you have any idea what the yield is of the bomb
> > that terrorists would
> > most likely attempt to bring over the Mexican
> > border?
>
> Well if we are talking about the "misplaced" Russian
> nuclear warheads, they would be in the 10 megaton
> range.

More like 8 kiloton range. Those pony 'suitcase' nukes are not
powerful, only intended to be infiltrated by Spetznaz through the
Mexican border and set off at crucial infrastructure nexus', such as
where highways, railroads, pipelines, etc. cross as well as major dams
and power infrastructure.

> The Russians didn't have very accurate missile
> technology as the ball bearings in their gyroscopes
> weren't as perfectly round as ours are, so they
> resorted to super high yields such that a near miss
> would still do the job.

Missile nukes are not the ones there is concern about, as they are all
well documented.

> > This is exactly why we need to be shooting people as
> > they enter the country
> > illegally. I know it doesn;t seem very extropian,
> > but if people were being
> > shot, I doubt as many would be trying to cross.
> > There's legal ways into this
> > country.
>
> This is excessive since the vast majority would just
> be Mexicans hoping to live the American dream. I would
> be alright with them being being confronted and turned
> away by armed men at the border. But shooting to kill
> on sight is way out of line. Shooting them with
> tranquilizer darts, like they use to tag wild animals
> with radio beacons, and then searching and
> confiscating any weapons (WMD or otherwise) and
> releasing them back into their own country seems much
> more humane to me. Since terrorists are much more
> likely to be armed then typical immigrants, if they
> return fire, lock and load the real deal.

Actually, terrorists would be less likely to be armed. They are all
taught that it is 'easy' to get weapons in the US. Al Qaeda texts
discuss this specifically. Of course, it's not quite that easy.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com