[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Wed Sep 21 02:55:23 UTC 2005

Kevin said...
  This is a serious subject. The greatest threat to US national security at
  the moment is the Mexican border. It needs to be shut down...
Security walls have a long and pretty inglorious history. The Great Wall of China couldn't stop the Mongol hordes, Hadrian's Wall didn't stop the Scots tribes, The Berlin Wall would have to considered as a failure... And the 'Iron Curtain' failed to do the job too...
I would also predict a short, unhappy future for the wall Israel is building... would the Mexico Wall fare any better? I doubt it.

Europeans do not generally agonise about their stroll-through borders: Why should the US? If you have no objections to the people being there anyway - just make the 'back door' the 'front door!'
Jack