[extropy-chat] Continued from wta-talk: 'Beating Eliezer' ;)

Marc Geddes m_j_geddes at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 22 00:22:14 UTC 2005

Who thinks they can beat Eli at AI?  Come on, you must admit it's the ultimate hacker's challenge.

Two years ago I took up the challenge as a hobby.  I knew to have any hope at all I would have to pull some *enormous* intellectual guns out of the bag.  That's why I started mucking about with 'Reality Theory' and 'Theories Of Everything'.  There followed a couple of years of brain-storming random ideas in the hope of hitting something.  Mostly gibberish came out for a long time, but a few interesting ideas started to take shape from all the rubbish...

Now it's time to really start to 'turn up the intellectual screws' on Eli ;)  The time is not far off when the Sing Inst team is going to quickly find themselves placed under immense intellectual pressure.

Failing all that, there must be *something* I can beat Eli at.  Scrabble, chess, hell even a game of tiddlywinks.  As long as there's a disgruntled Eli and Michael (Wilson) at the end of it I'll be happy.

---

Please vist my website:
http://www.riemannai.org

Science, Sci-Fi and Philosophy