[extropy-chat] Rudy Rucker's "The Lifebox, the Seashell, and the Soul"

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu Sep 22 08:02:52 UTC 2005

Marc wrote:

> My latest metaphysical theory (based on two years
> of deep thought) is that the ultimate metaphysical
> noumenon of reality has a duel aspect: it's a sort
> of hybrid of *Cognition* (which is even more general
> than 'Computation') and *Mathematics*.
> I call this weird thing *Mathematico-Cognition*.

http://www.pisearch.de.vu/
(Is math randomness a pre-cognition?)

> THE BRAIN is wider than the sky,
>   For, put them side by side,
> The one the other will include
>   With ease, and you beside.
> -Emily Dickinson

'There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy.
That used to be a huge number.
But it's only a hundred billion.
It's less than the national deficit!
We used to call them astronomical numbers.
Now we should call them economical numbers.'
-R.P.Feynman