[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:39:11 UTC 2005

  Kevin said:
  >My comments directed at Kevin previously have little to do with walls - What makes me seethe is the parochialism that is so easily >satisfied by retiring into some (figurative or physical) walled enclave of privilege. We have the entire world to deal with now. We can't afford to >protect our small patch and let everyone else go to hell.

  I've been trying to let this go, but obviously people are STILL failing to READ what I have actually WRITTEN rather than READ INTO it what they WANT to. I have never ever ever ever said any such thing that could even closely resemble the idea that I would want to keep ANYONE out of the US who genuinely wants to come here to live. Never said anything about letting anyone go to hell. I have said over and over that the door should be open to all. My comments are geared only towards thos who would still choose to go on the back way while the door is open . You bring out words like "parochialism" and can;t even understand the simple concept of "border". If you are angry, you are so because you choose to be.
OK I admit it - I don't know what you are talking about!
If the door is open - anyone can walk through - YES... got that - but if its the  'back way' aka Mexican border - the door is closed - We shoot first and ask questions later? Or say 'Sorry! wrong door!'

I'm a little confused here?
Jack