[extropy-chat] Re: Profile the Great Satan?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 20:20:01 UTC 2005

--- Jack Parkinson <isthatyoujack at icqmail.com> wrote:

> David Lubkin said:
>
> >Assumes facts not in evidence. What you wrote is rife with
> >presumptions that need not be presumed. They can, rather, be tested.
> >But we can start with plausibility.
> >(a) Switzerland is rich and not attacked.
> >(b) The 9/11 hijackers were not poor.
> >(c) There are many millions of poor Tibetan Buddhists and Indian
> >Hindi, none of whom have attacked the US.
> >(d) Terrorists attacked Indonesia.
>
> Some notes on the above - and solving the problem of terrorism...
> a... Switzerland has not fought a war for 500 years - it has no
> enemies - only indifferently allied neighbours and trading partners.
> Moral: Don't use violence - and you will live in peace!

Switzerland is peaceful and free because every Swiss is armed with a
machine gun and the ammo to do damage with it. The willingness to
commit violence in their defense has kept them free. Their willingness
to trade with anybody only has made them rich as any banker of a lord
of war would. We can't all be bankers to warlords.

> b... The 9/11 hijackers were not poor... Correct. All ideological
> opposition with grass roots support becomes better funded and better
> organised over time - remember the heady victories of the early days
> in Iraq? Somalia? Vietnam? Before the oppostions rallied? Suggestion:
> Persuasion rules... One good spin-doctor is worth two carrier loads
> of death-or-glory marines. Moral: Don't use violence! c...
> Prediction: Tibetan Buddhists and Indian Hindus will continue to
> refuse to attack the US - until and unless they find themselves
> attacked by the US - at which point - look out! Moral: Don't use
> violence - and you will live in peace!

Tibetan Buddhists did not use violence, and suffered millions killed
and displaced from their homes at the hands of Chinese communists, to
become international refugees. Millions of Indian Hindus did not use
violence, and suffered millions dead and displaced from their homes in
the violence instigated by muslim nationalists.

> Live and let live... Moral: Don't use
> violence - and you will live in peace!

There are six million dead in europe who didn't use violence and did
not live. There are tens of millions of corpses across Turkey, the old
Soviet republics, and across China who didn't use violence and did not
live. You are lying the lie of the pacifist.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com