[extropy-chat] it's easy to laugh at luddites...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 19:26:26 UTC 2005

Resistance to diachronic being, right?
But don't we use our vision more than our other senses? I just noticed today that the women on campus here walk around exhibiting their pulchritude yet have expressions saying, "I am a Whole Self, not an object". Such is parading around your asset, having it, and eating it too. An immediate form of doublemindedness.
A guy on the street hanging his keester halfway out of his pants is a varmint but a woman who does the same thinks she's some sort of a goddess? I bring this up because it is visual & immediate.

It might be enlightening to take this up a level and apply the same observation to the vanity many people exhibit for their current mental "self", so often considered in isolation and as if it possessed intrinsic value independent of its environment of interactional possibilities and were worthy of indefinite static preservation.

- Jef