[extropy-chat] Effectiveness of Medicine

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Sun Sep 25 18:41:27 UTC 2005

At 11:21 AM 9/25/2005, Morris Johnson wrote:
>But I am also saying that better documentation of health could track
>these individual
>nutrigenomic cases and with system-wide data mining could detect consequences
>by pulling needles from the haystack.

Yes, collecting data on all the people out there, on what they do and
how healthy they become, would allow a greatly increased
understanding.  But the fact that we ignore the data we already have
because it doesn't fit our preconceptions suggests we might ignore
this new data as well.

Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323