[extropy-chat] Locus Broderick interview excerpts

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 26 04:24:29 UTC 2005

At 09:05 PM 9/25/2005 -0700, spike wrote:

>It isn't called a jesus beard because
>some messiah figure wore one of those.  It is called that because
>every time he walked down a Melbourne street with it, people would say
>"ahhh jesus, would you look at that, fer cryin out loud."
>
>spike
>
>{8^D}}}}}}}}}}}}      <---- jesus beard

Actually what they cried out was "Jesus, is it a *boy* or a *giiiirl*?" I'd
stroke my beard meditatively and briefly consider hollering back, "You're
hanging out with the wrong kind of girl," until I took a second look at
their burly beer-bellied size and made good my sandaled escape.

{{ : - )  >>>                    <===jesus 'do

[old style]

versus:

( : - ) >

[current style]