[extropy-chat] A few points of interest for future historians

Marc Geddes m_j_geddes at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 29 06:45:02 UTC 2005

>I'm sorry to be blunt about this, but there comes a time when you have
>to put up a sign, and people who aren't taller than the sign shouldn't
>be riding the roller coaster.
>
>--
>Eliezer S. Yudkowsky                          http://singinst.org/
>Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

Heh.  Well, below I've repeated an assertion I often made on SL4.  Let's see if you're brave enough to dispute this assertion, right here in the eyes of all future historians ;)

Assertion:

The problem of ensuring Friendliness is entirely equivalent to the problem of enabling recursive self-improvement.  There is a Universal Morality, such that all AGI's will become friendly with high statistical probability once they clear a certain smartness threshold.

---

Please vist my website:
http://www.riemannai.org

Science, Sci-Fi and Philosophy