[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Mon Apr 3 12:39:41 UTC 2006

At 12:50 AM 4/3/2006, Anne-Marie Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Why would anybody want a copy of themselves?
>(In any form)
>I've been hearing a lot about copying this,
>that or whatever and I couldn't help asking myself
>what would I do if I could copy myself and why would
>I want to copy myself.

For reasons similar to those for having children:
1) To create creatures who enjoy their lives
2) To create creatures who can help you with your projects
3) To contribute to your empire and legacy.

Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323