[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 04:02:10 UTC 2006

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Russell Wallace
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 7:32 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

On 4/4/06, Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:
But when you get to seventy wouldn't you naturally want to see how much
longer you can prolong yourself?

I was at my wife's 25th high school class reunion this past weekend.  An old
friend was there, a building contractor I worked for nearly 3 decades ago.
He turned 80 last week, still working the building biz, still healthy, walks
a little slower than he did then, but other than that he's fine.  I told him
I want to be like him when I hit 80.  He said: When you hit 80?  You aren't
like me now!  How do you figure you will be like me when you are 80?

{8^D

He always had that sense of humor.