[extropy-chat] BOOK: The Art of Aging Gratefully

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 5 19:07:09 UTC 2006

_The Art of Aging Gratefully_
In her new book, Harvard professor Dr. Muriel Gillick urges readers to stop
denying the aging process and focus instead on making the most of it.

By Karen Springen
Newsweek

"April 4, 2006 - Dr. Muriel R. Gillick has some bad news. No matter how
well you hide it, there's no avoiding the truth: growing old is hazardous
to your health. In her new book, “The Denial of Aging: Perpetual Youth,
Eternal Life, and Other Dangerous Fantasies” (Harvard University Press),
she argues that regardless of our vitamin—or plastic-surgery—regime, we’re
all eventually going to find ourselves sick and frail. So instead of trying
futilely (and expensively) to stay forever young, Gullick urges readers to
focus on the quality of their lives."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12110013/site/newsweek/

Natasha
I'd rather age gracefully or not at all.

http://mail2web.com/ .