[extropy-chat] Autism/Asperger's & face processing

Sahyinepu sahynepu at concentric.net
Mon Apr 10 16:20:11 UTC 2006

I am a very high functioning autistic and the interrupt system doesn't
work in many areas.  I cannot feel extreme pain if I am very focused on
trying to do something for one example.   As a child I could omit sound
and even control what area(s) I saw(create tunnel vision for only one
specific area of interest), and how I retrieved and processed memory.
I still have some of that, but not to the extent that I once had.  The
part of me that allows me to do all this is what I call the observer
mind, and it seems aware all the time...so that I ma analyzing all
levels of thought and behavior consciously.

Sah