[extropy-chat] magic johnson, aids, longevity ...

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Thu Apr 13 04:32:26 UTC 2006

I admit from the outset that I know very little about Magic Johnson except
that:

- hewas HIV positive
- he had a lot of money
- word on the street is, if tested, he would be considered HIV negative
(now)

So ... that in itself is interesting and worth discussing (nad possibly
already has been, here).

What I am curious about is how he managed to do it without wrecking his
health in other ways.  It doesn't particularly surprise me that someone
with unlimited (compared to the average AIDS patient) resources could buy
their way into good health - the part that surprises me is that, even
today, many experimental aids/hiv therapies have tremendous side-effects,
often fatal or at least health ruining.

So was he just lucky ?  Did he just manage to buy the experimental drugs
(circa, what ? 1994 ?) that happened to be the ones that worked out, or
what ?

On a related note, what can a healthy person gain from knowledge of his
experience ?  What did he do ?  Was it all drug-based, or did he undergo
radical stimulus to his immune system of some kind through diet and
exercise, etc. ?

Basicalyl, what is the deal with Magic Johnson, and what can I incoroprate
from his practice and experience into my own life ?