[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 23:35:21 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Acy Stapp
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...
>
> My daughter is almost five and she has started believing in fairies
> and throw an angel or fairy into a story about a talking rabbit or
> other clearly impossible scenario...
> Acy Stapp

Off the top of my head, I can think of two instances where animals spoke in
the bible: the talking serpent in the garden of Eden, and Balaam's ass.

I too have been pondering this lately, with the child on the way.  Many
people know I am into dinosaurs, so we have been given a lot of dinosaur
baby stuff.  There are two categories of baby dinosaur stuff: images of
dinosaurs which are more or less anatomically correct, even identifiable by
species, and cartoony dinosaur images like Barney etc.  The former category
is much more rare and way more expensive.

I have a special challenge in that most of my own family members regard
anything written in the bible as unquestionable fact, even the talking ass.