[extropy-chat] Way, way, way over the edge...

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 19 04:08:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:53:10PM -0400, Anne-Marie Taylor wrote:

>    Bible numerous of times.  Their is no clear message from "God" per say
>
>    that says that homosexuality is wrong, it was man that decided that it
>
>    was "BAD".

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

This is allegedly God speaking directly to Moses, laying out the laws of the
covenant.  Seems pretty clear.

Some people take it as evidence that woman lying with woman is alright. :)

>    "Homosexuality is just as important as heterosexuality as is regulates
>    the amount of people reproducing on the planet.  If too many women
>    and men copulate too quickly it may endanger society, therefore,
>    humans >    are born differently to unsure the safety of our survival."

Doesn't work.

In my sillier moods I think homosexuals are the best evidence for the
existence of a Designer, since they defy easy evolutionary explanation.  Not
that there aren't possibilities, but nothing clear, as yet.

-xx- Damien X-)