[extropy-chat] Forbes Magazine "Blank Slate" on Human Attributes

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 24 19:16:09 UTC 2006

Forbes Magazine Online has an interesting issue this week. It's a special
series of articles called "Blank Slate" and it asks experts in a variety of
fields what they would do if they could remake or rethink things from the
ground up, including human evolution.

Forbes should be free with a registration, so I've included the links.
There are too many articles to copy. However, I did include the survey,
"What attribute do you most wish humans possessed?" My favorite answer is
the last one, "I don't want to be human at all..."

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/15/reinvention-blank-slate_cx_mn_de_06slatelan
d.html?boxes=custom
http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/15/deepak-chopra-reality_cx_dc_06slate_0418cho
pra.html
http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/15/synthetic-biology-evolution_cx_mh_06blank_0
418life.html
http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/15/derek-bok-university_cx_db_06slate_0418bok.
html
http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/15/cx_06slate_0418lifepoll.html?boxes=custom

Blank Slate
What attribute do you most wish humans possessed?
04.18.06, 6:00 PM ET

.lithium-poll {width: 246px; } .lithium-pollQuestion
{display:none;font-size: 1px;line-height:1px;text-align: color:#fff;}
.lithium-pollInfobox {padding-bottom: 5px;} .lithium-pollOptions {width:
235px;} .lithium-pollOption {fpadding-bottom: 5px;} .lithium-pollResults
{padding-bottom: 5px;} .lithium-pollGraph
{background-color:#8C6BB0;padding-bottom:5px;} .lithium-pollSubmit
{padding-top: 5px;} document.domain ="forbes.com"; What attribute do you
most wish humans possessed?
[input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] Acute hearing
[input] Better balance
[input] Better-protected genitals
[input] Breathe underwater
[input] Camouflage skin
[input] Chitinous armor
[input] Eagle-eye vision
[input] Eyes on stalks
[input] Extra arms
[input] Extreme height
[input] Fangs
[input] Fur
[input] Great speed
[input] Horns
[input] More physical strength
[input] Night vision
[input] Pouch
[input] Smarter brain
[input] Stronger sense of smell
[input] Stronger sense of taste
[input] Stronger sense of touch
[input] Stylish, furry tail
[input] Wings
[input] We're perfect as is.
[input] I don't want to be human at all.

View Results

http://mail2web.com/ .