[extropy-chat] The Business of Protecting Your Own Finances

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Apr 26 14:23:05 UTC 2006

Good morning -

I have been travelling recently and just returned to Austin and I found out
that a someone had gotten into my  online banking account and had written
and authorized a payment check to be sent to an address in New Jersey.  The
amount was not trifling.  Online banking is insured at my bank so after the
last few days of stress, things have resumed to normal.  We still do not
know what happened, but it was probably a keystroke watch that got onto my
computer and followed my moves.

I am sharing this information with you because online banking fraud is
getting to be one degree of separation and I want you to please be careful
and protect yourselves.

Best wishes,

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
PhD Candidate, University of Plymouth - Planetary Collegium, School of
Computing, Communications and Electronics, Centre for Advanced Inquiry in
the Interactive Arts
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller