[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 13:45:34 UTC 2006

Hi John,

  John wrote:

  "I don't think it would carry profound implications at all, all it would mean
is the word "death" had been watered down so much as to be mean precisely
nothing."

  I have to disagree with you here. I would consider your statement above as a profound implication, all its own. If the premise were shown to be correct, consider the implications for religion [which I don't follow anyway]. God and Heaven/Hell have been *proven* not to exist. The "Afterlife" has been *proven* not to exist. The physical substance of my brain has been *proven* to exist. And it would lend evidence to the conclusion that this universe is not a simulation, and the universe we live in is basically as it appears - no tricks, just complexities. (I need some more time to think about this last one). I would guess that the majority of list members here have already concluded that the above statements are correct... but, we would finally have proof.

  But, I still need to show somehow that the premise is correct.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

  John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
  Jeffrey Herrlich Wrote:

> I think it would be extremely interesting if this premise could be shown
> to be true or at least probable, only because it would carry profound
> philosophical implications.

I don't think it would carry profound implications at all, all it would mean
is the word "death" had been watered down so much as to be mean precisely
nothing.

John K Clark