[extropy-chat] Plz help!

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Fri Aug 25 00:10:49 UTC 2006

Hello, so today I bought Norton Systemware Premier for my BOXX workstation and I downloaded it, for a minute I saw an error but it continued to install, apparently it installs "Go Back" by default. I am already familiar with GoBack and I know that it creates a false partition and since that's what the raid core (I've got four or five I forget) is I didn't even want GoBack, just the rest of the Norton package. Anyways, it said it installed successfully and that I needed to reboot which I did, so the normal bios info etc.screen loads up, and the raid core one too, but then I get another black screen with a error with a go back message of some sort saying I can press a key to reboot (still in black screen mode), and then it does this whole cycle over again, etc. etc. etc. The Go back splash actually does pop up real quick in the cycle, you know where it says "if you are having problems press the space bar" I did click that and one of the options is to "disable GoBack" sounds good right, so the disable bar shows up, but only stays at 0%, and never goes any further, I think because it hasn't ever been loaded into windows yet, since I haven't gotten into windows anymore. Boxx is closed right now, I did shut my machine down now and I know I could call tomorrow but I was wondering if any of you know anything about this or can help me? Can I go into set up from BIOS and remove the nasty program or revert in time to before, how would I do this? Not sure if I backed up my last big project.......My tummy is all shakey!!!! I'm so scared.... Hope one of you can help me! Thank you ahead of time.  Gina