[extropy-chat] animusic

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 26 01:34:54 UTC 2006

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Pvthur at aol.com
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] animusic

>>...I wouldn't know which end to light... spike

>Doesn't matter which end...  no filter. Knock yourself out, kid.  John

Actually that would defeat the purpose.

On a slightly related theme, I recently had an insight on why it is that
Oregon seems to always be on the leading edge in the legalization of
marijuana.  On a recent trip there, I noticed that many, seems like most,
minimum wagers had horrible dentition.  I asked my dentist friend who lives
there, and he suggested the reason is entirely due to methamphetamine abuse,
which for some reason seems to be an Oregon thing.

When one has a cold, the eyes and nose run, but we have over the counter
medications that turn off the fountain.  The dopers have discovered that the
cold tablets can be ground up and the active ingredient extracted
chemically.  Then one can take the equivalent of about 20 tablets,
presumably to have "fun".  Of course the salivary glands shut down, the nose
and eyes are dry, and most importantly the teeth have not the usual acid
neutralizing mechanisms.  In order to compensate, the dopers guzzle soda,
preferably the high-sugar mountain dew.  Bacteria attack the teeth
completely unopposed.  They crumble in short order.

http://www.mappsd.org/Meth%20Mouth%20Photo%20Gallery.htm

We see many Oregonian hipsters with few or no teeth.  Given a choice between
mellow grass hootsters or toothless twenty-somethings, the Oregon government
has wisely chosen the former.

Perhaps stem cell technology will someday repair the damage.