[extropy-chat] animusic

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Aug 27 06:53:44 UTC 2006

On Aug 25, 2006, at 4:02 PM, spike wrote:

> The local PBS channels have been showing Animusic during the pledge
> drives.
> This whole robots playing musical instruments thing is so way cool,
> I am
> tempted to get a big-screen TV, put a big stuffy chair about 1 meter
> from
> the screen, get stoned and watch them go.
>
> Being a geek, I am too square to even know how to get stoned, I
> wouldn't
> know which end to light, but the music is way cool anyway.

Hmm?  I became a geek, officially, by joining up with a bunch of SF
techno-hippies in the mid 70s.  I got  pulled into a group into
building their own computers from raw chips and electronics.   We were
out to bring power to the people, computer power that is.  Thing was
the meetings had so much pot being passed that if you couldn't be
quite stoned and yet focused you wouldn't make it.  It was all
psychedelic folks.   Including a couple of dudes that happened by with
a prototype computer in a wooden case one meeting.

So being a geek doesn't mean you don't know which end to light.   Not
that it matters of course.

- samantha