[extropy-chat] animusic

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 11:56:18 UTC 2006

On 8/26/06, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

> Ok... You folks owe me a new keyboard! This one was not impressed with the
> coffee shower! :)))  ROTFL.

Totally off topic, but having dumped coffee all over the keyboard on several
occasions  - turn it upside down very quickly, shake it up and down
(stopping the "down" acceleration quickly) to get the coffee out entirely or
draining into the keys rather than onto the mylar film with the keyboard
circuit traces.  Dry it as much as possible with a paper towel and then
preferably let the coffee evaporate with the keyboard upside down (hair
dryer might help accelerate the process).  This will "usually" prevent the
acid and ions in the coffie from etching traces or creating electrical paths
where they shouldn't be.  If you have a so-damaged keyboard rewetting it to
dilute the coffee ions with low-ion water  and following the same procedure
might help (though I haven't tried this).  You can disassemble the keybard
and give the mylar (which may be in multiple layers) a sponge bath as well
(but this is for "true" geeks).

What happened to the cool geek idea that we should be able to "talk" to the
mouse (and thus allow ditching the keyboard)?

Oh, and Spike, I'm *sure* if you google a little bit you will find the new
Extropian is most probably contributing to an altered mental state due to
the increased presence of "natural" chemicals, most probably oxytocin.  No
inhaling required -- though now that I think about it I wonder if baby
smells induce oxytocin production?

R.