[extropy-chat] Still confused:)

Anna Taylor femmechakra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:28:26 UTC 2006

I have read every single post on the Extropy chat available as well as
every post on the Sl4 list.

My confusion doesn't lie in the terms, conditions and ideas of each
group or the information provided.

My concerns:
The enormous information that most people need to read even to
commence to grasp some of those ideas.
There are so many opinions and organizations dealing with different
issues, unless someone is extremely motivated to learn, I don't see
how most of the general population will ever be able to keep up.
I truly believe that technology will accelerate whether I like it or
not.  I do wonder what will happen once technology reaches a point
that the humans that are not knowledgeable
of such information will be left behind.
Although I'm not supposed to mention religion, I can't grasp how the
world of technology is going to interelate with the world of religion
when scientists in general choose to either not talk about it or
ridicule it as well as religions that deny evolution and refuse to
progress with time.
Religion plays a huge role on the planet earth, whether I like it or
not, how can technology and religion coexist?

Anyhow, just some thoughts i've had, thanks for the response and links.

Anna:)