[extropy-chat] cool visualization of time

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 01:47:41 UTC 2006

Here's a cool site:

http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf

This brings me to a question I wondered about the other day.  A few years
ago when PayPal showed up, Eli and others pointed out that it could be used
to give donations to reward or encourage people who put up cool or
interesting content on their sites.  You could applaud someone by leaving
them a little tip, down to a few cents or even fractions of a cent.  So now
a few years down the road, how did that work out?  I know a number of
extropians here have good websites.  Did anyone ever make any money by
donations?  Did anyone get regular PayPal donations years ago and have it
diminish?  Did anyone get job offers from their websites?