[extropy-chat] Islam on defense?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Dec 2 18:24:58 UTC 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Thomas wrote:

> Joe Biden seems to be vying for alpha dog at the moment.  Bush is
> staying the course. (sigh . . . )
> On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Al Brooks wrote:
>
>> [ . . . ]Do you want Nancy Pelosi, next in line, for President? Who
>> do you want? The administration has screwed up the war effort, but
>> are you completely free from doubt that a replacement for this
>> administration if it were removed could handle it all more ably for
>> the rest of this decade and into the next?

Sorry to have missed the original.  But no, I am certainly not "free
from doubt".  Furthermore, I think that the actual situation is well
known in Congress and the American people are being kept in the dark.
Else I do not understand why the Democrats have completely ignored so
many chances in the last six years to stand against the administration
and its policies for something quite different.  I am not a fan of the
Democratic party (or the other major one either) but I wrote many
times to their leaders begging them to stand against many of the
policies of this administration including the NSA wiretaps, the Iraq
mess, various rank violation of civil liberty, the way 911 mostly was
not investigated, the Patriot act throughout its history to date, the
DHS boondoggle and so on.  That they really never did suggests to me
that the game is rigged and that both parties are in substantial
agreement of how they are going to play things out.

>> Would the dislocation from removing this administration negate the
>> admittedly positive results? Would this country be politically
>> crippled from impeachment and removal? You don't know; nobody does.
>> It's all up in the air, there are too many loose ends. It's all
>> political parlor talk so far, and the brighter ones in the
>> administration know that, as professionals they are aware of the
>> entire situation.

There are extremely few positive results.  There are extremely serious
and quite extensive negative results.

- samantha