[extropy-chat] mathimatical model for the singularity

ps udoname ps.udoname at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:03:02 UTC 2006

> I believe so.  But the transition from  nm to fm is one of those difficult
> limits I was outlining.  Though we can deal with electrons and photons, it
> is questionable whether we will be able to eliminate atoms from the
> picture.  That will place constraints on things.

Indeed, atoms could be the linit of how small we can go.

> Yes, those and $1.25 will get you a ride on the Boston MBTA at this time.

 What is this Boston MBTA ?

>You can approximate the ramp up to it and how fast it may change but unless
your equations actually look like an S in the long run -- something like
slowly growing from 2006 through ~2020, speeding up significantly and going
through the roof from ~2030-2050 and then slowing down signifcantly into
something relatively flat from ~2060-70 for the next few hundred years (at
least) they don't capture the essence.

As I said, I'm sure my model could be based on an S-curve and would then
flatten out, and after the change goes through the roof I don't know that we
can really mae any predictions.

Something like that.  People are going to have an interesting time deciding
> what is really important after all the "classical" guides (derived from
> classical resource limits, selfish genes, etc.) have to be thrown out.

Well, you have been saying that there will still be resource limits, and
there will still be selfish memes.

Robert