[extropy-chat] nuclear winter's back

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 13 14:59:52 UTC 2006

> Related... instead of global nuclear winter, could we pollute with
> something a lot more opaque than current fossil fuels, and reduce the
> amount of energy getting through to the planet surface? Modify the
> greenhouse gas emmisions so they act like dark sunglasses?
>
> Emlyn

If we are declaring that we have the technology to change the planet's
thermostat, we soon get into an argument regarding what the temperature
should be, and how to decide.  This leads to some wildly complications, such
as what if one part of the planet is too cold and getting colder, while
another is too warm and getting warmer.  What about wet/dry places, and the
storm cycles?  Oy.